SU7819 : The White Hart, South Harting

taken 11 years ago, near to South Harting, West Sussex, Great Britain

The White Hart, South Harting
The White Hart, South Harting
The White Hart is an ancient and popular pub name. It was adopted as a badge by Richard II (1367-1400) and undoubtedly his popularity led to its frequent adoption. The hart formed part of his coat of arms being taken from the arms of his mother Joan of Kent (The Fair Maid of Kent). The hart is seen in all manner of poses ducally gorged and chained - ducally meaning wreath, crown or in this case golden collar and gorged meaning encircling. The hart is either standing or lying down.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Maigheach-gheal and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU7819, 257 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 17 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 8 March, 2007
Category
Public house > Public house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 784 194 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:58.1588N 0:53.0303W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 784 194
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 70 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register