TQ9017 : Blackfriars Barn

taken 10 years ago, near to Winchelsea, East Sussex, Great Britain

Blackfriars Barn
Blackfriars Barn
Possible former guildhall once thought to be the town's former town hall. The ruins still have their medieval cellar which was triple chambered and included a fireplace and cesspit. The building partially obscured by the ruins is a methodist chapel erected in 1785 and used by John Wesley to preach in. Wesley preached his last sermon under an ash tree outside St Thomas' in 1790 at the age of 87. Taken from the town's cricket ground whose pavilion is the white building on the right.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ9017, 385 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 10 March, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 March, 2007
Category
Ruins > Ruins   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 902 173 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:55.4588N 0:42.3641E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 902 173
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 67 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register