SE2536 : Kirkstall Abbey

taken 11 years ago, near to Headingley, Leeds, Great Britain

Kirkstall Abbey
Kirkstall Abbey
Western end of the ruined church at Kirkstall Abbey, built by Cistercian monks from Fountains Abbey between 1152 and 1182 on the northern bank of the River Aire and closed by Henry VIII in November 1539, after which the buildings were stripped and the materials reused in local building projects.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE2536, 259 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 7 March, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 March, 2007
Category
Religious buildings > Abbey   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 259 361 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:49.2752N 1:36.4742W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 259 361
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for SE2536)
This page has been viewed about 175 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register