SD9523 : United Methodist Free Church, Lumbutts

taken 10 years ago, near to Mankinholes, Calderdale, Great Britain

United Methodist Free Church, Lumbutts
United Methodist Free Church, Lumbutts
Originally the Wesleyan Association Chapel which opened on July 9th 1837 after local dissenters withdrew from the nearby Methodist Society at Mankinholes. The new chapel prospered and by 1877 the old building was demolished and replaced with the present larger building with a school on the ground floor underneath the chapel. Lumbutts Methodist Church is also home to "The Old Lady of Lumbutts", a huge, hundred year old church organ which was renovated in 1989 at a cost of 11,500 raised by local villagers.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD9523, 88 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 8 March, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 March, 2007
Category
Church (Methodist)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 957 233 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:42.3936N 2:3.9243W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 957 233
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 60 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register