SK5813 : Rothley Cemetery Chapel

taken 4 years ago, near to Rothley, Leicestershire, Great Britain

Rothley Cemetery Chapel
Rothley Cemetery Chapel
The cemetery and chapel were opened by the Parish Council in 1904 after the churchyard became fully occupied.
The architect was Mr. W. Langley of Langley & Baines of Leicester, and the contractor was a local builder, Mr Frank Sleath. The winner of the original round of tendering refused to do the work at his tender price of 354, amending his tender to 525. This resulted in a fresh round of tendering, on which Sleath was successful, although even his tender showed a slight increase on his original price (475 instead of 457). (Information from Leicester Villages website LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Alan Murray-Rust and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK5813, 11 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 8 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 17 September, 2013
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Burial ground, Crematorium 
Building Material (from Tags)
Brick and Slate 
Date (from Tags)
1904 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5840 1352 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:42.9716N 1:8.2143W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5836 1351
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Cemetery Chapel 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 14 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register