NH5345 : Balblair House

taken 4 years ago, near to Beauly, Highland, Great Britain

Balblair House
Balblair House
A historic house, near Kirkhill. It was built circa 1800 and is Category B listed, see the Historic Scotland report: LinkExternal link

Balblair House was owned by the Lovat Frasers for a number of years, and several Lord and Lady Lovats have lived here.
During the Second World War, this was the headquarters for District No. 5 of the Canadian Forestry Corps. This district included logging camps near Kiltarlity, Dochfour, Muir of Ord and Avoch.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Craig Wallace and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NH5345, 15 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 21 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 21 September, 2013
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Housing, Dwellings  Country estates 
Listed Building (from Tags)
Category B 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 5350 4570 [10m precision]
WGS84: 57:28.6684N 4:26.6937W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 53481 45702
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Canadian Forestry Corps  Highland Council HER 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 212 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register