SU4829 : Winchester Cathedral, Screen

taken 4 years ago, near to Winchester, Hampshire, Great Britain

Winchester Cathedral, Screen
Winchester Cathedral, Screen
The original Norman Screen in Winchester Cathedral separating the Nave and the Chancel was replaced in 1640 by one designed by Inigo Jones however this was replaced in 1820 and again in 1870 by the present wooden screen designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott. For a view from behind the altar refer to picture SU4829 : Winchester Cathedral, Nave.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Len Williams and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU4829, 1977 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 18 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 22 September, 2013
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 4822 2926 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:3.6397N 1:18.7982W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 4820 2926
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 22 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register