ST5394 : The Old Almshouses

taken 4 years ago, near to Chepstow/Cas-Gwent, Monmouthshire/Sir Fynwy, Great Britain

The Old Almshouses
The Old Almshouses
These almshouses were founded in 1615 by Sir Walter Montague. Originally they houses five men and five women. They were later known as the old almshouses after Thomas Powis established another almshouse just a short distance away (see ST5394 : Powis Almshouses), and were extensively rebuilt after WWII, but keeping the faĉades.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Neil Owen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST5394, 545 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 7 August, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 22 September, 2013
Category
Almshouses   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5349 9400 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:38.5719N 2:40.4121W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5347 9400
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 36 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register