NS5661 : Pollokshaws Burgh Hall

taken 4 years ago, near to Pollokshaws, Glasgow, Great Britain

Pollokshaws Burgh Hall
Pollokshaws Burgh Hall
Pollokshaws Burgh Hall was designed in Scots Baronial style by architect Sir Robert Rowand Anderson who was commissioned by Sir John Stirling Maxwell.

The building opened in 1898 and has served many purposes since that time, including a spell as a "British restaurant" during WWII.

It is still in use as public halls today, under the care of The Pollokshaws Burgh Hall Trust which was established to ensure the future of the building. LinkExternal link

There is a WWI War Memorial in the grounds, in front of the main door.

See other images of Pollokshaws Burgh Hall
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Barbara Carr and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5661, 120 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 22 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 23 September, 2013
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 561 615 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:49.5248N 4:17.9008W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 560 615
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 14 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register