SK5541 : Bobbers Mill Road: St Stephen - the pulpit

taken 4 years ago, near to Lenton, Nottingham, Great Britain

Bobbers Mill Road: St Stephen - the pulpit
Bobbers Mill Road: St Stephen - the pulpit
St Stephen’s, by W D Caröe, replaced a church lost when Victoria Station was built in the centre of the city, and it was paid for by the Great Central Railway company – see SK5541 : Plaque: St Stephen's, Bobbers Mill Road. The pulpit is made of Caen stone and was presented to the original St Stephen’s in memory of Samuel Middleton in 1881. In the centre is carved IHS, and between the marble pillars of the other four panels are symbols that represent the four evangelists.

For more about this interesting church, see the Southwell & Nottingham Church History Project website – LinkExternal link .
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John Sutton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK5541, 411 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 27 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 28 September, 2013
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5548 4159 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:58.1284N 1:10.5217W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5549 4159
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 24 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register