NT2573 : South Window, Parliament Hall

taken 4 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

South Window, Parliament Hall
South Window, Parliament Hall
The great south window celebrates the founding of the Court of Session in 1532. King James V is presenting the Charter of Institution and Confirmation by the Pope to Alexander Mylne, Abbot of Cambuskenneth and first Lord President of the Court. Archbishop Gavin Dunbar of Glasgow is raising his hand in blessing, and the King's mother Queen Margaret, widow of King James IV, is seated on the King's right - at top left of the picture. The window covers 390 square feet (3.9 square metres) and consists of 8000 pieces of glass. It was designed by Wilhelm von Kaulbach and built by Maximilian Ainmiller of Munich in 1886-8.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Anne Burgess and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2573, 5165 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 30 September, 2013
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Public buildings and spaces 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 2571 7353 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.9423N 3:11.4701W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 2571 7354
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 16 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register