NS5574 : Milngavie railway station

taken 4 years ago, near to Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire, Great Britain

Milngavie railway station
Milngavie railway station
The station was opened in 1863 by the Glasgow and Milngavie Junction Railway Company. The original part of the station building is Category B Listed LinkExternal link.

The track was doubled in 1897, two of the original three platforms remain and are still in use today. The line was electrified in 1959. There are regular direct services to Edinburgh, Motherwell and Lanark.

In addition to serving local Glasgow bound commuters, the station is used by many hikers from the West Highland Way long distance footpath to Fort William which starts nearby in Milngavie town centre.

See other images of Milngavie railway station
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Thomas Nugent and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5574, 206 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 21 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 2 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  City, Town centre  Railways 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 5555 7444 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.4740N 4:18.8599W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 5557 7448
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register