SU9721 : St Mary the Virgin, Petworth

taken 4 years ago, near to Petworth, West Sussex, Great Britain

St Mary the Virgin, Petworth
St Mary the Virgin, Petworth
The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Petworth. Parts of the chancel date from the 13th century but most of the rest from the 14th century. A major rebuild took place in 1827 overseen by Sir Charles Barry when the tower was extended and a spire added. The spire was removed in 1953. Refer to picture SU9721 : St Mary the Virgin, Petworth for a view of the war memorial with the church.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Len Williams and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU9721, 486 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 4 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 5 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 9768 2186 [10m precision]
WGS84: 50:59.2719N 0:36.5816W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 9766 2182
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 20 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register