SD3036 : Princess Parade

taken 4 years ago, near to Blackpool, Great Britain

Princess Parade
Princess Parade
Built between October 1910 and September 1911. Princess Parade was officially opened by HRH Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll on the 2nd of May 1912. It replaced a narrow iron walkway on the sea defences around the Metropole Hotel.

More information is on the nearby plaque SD3036 : Blue plaque:Princess Parade.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD3036, 719 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 29 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 8 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Coastal  Paths 
Person (from Tags)
Princess Louise 
Date (from Tags)
1912 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3055 3654 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:49.2285N 3:3.3863W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3055 3650
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Duchess of Argyll  Parade  Shelters 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 10 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register