SO5619 : Newhouse Farm

taken 4 years ago, near to Marstow, Herefordshire, Great Britain

Newhouse Farm
Newhouse Farm
A Grade II*-listed building dating from 1636, formerly a vicarage, but now a farmhouse. With three storeys, it is unusual in having three radial wings, with a suggestion that the Y-plan is possibly an allusion to the Trinity - when built the Rev. Thomas Swift, father of the author Jonathan Swift [Gulliverís Travels], was rector of the parish.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright M J Richardson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO5619, 22 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 9 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Lowlands  Historic sites and artefacts  Farm, Fishery, Market Gardening  Housing, Dwellings 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 563 195 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:52.3519N 2:38.1426W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 562 194
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Pasture  Farmhouse  Former Vicarage  Listed Building Grade II(star) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register