ST5545 : Vicars Close, Wells, Somerset, from its Northern end

taken 4 years ago, near to Wells, Somerset, Great Britain

Vicars Close, Wells, Somerset,  from its Northern end
Vicars Close, Wells, Somerset, from its Northern end
These houses were constructed in 1363 as accommodation for the College of Vicars set up by Ralph of Shrewsbury, Bishop of Bath and Wells, who was also largely responsible for the completion of the West wing of the cathedral resulting in the creation of the magnificent West Front. At the far end is the gated entrance arch above which is the chapel which was their library
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Derek Voller and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST5545, 583 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 11 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Housing, Dwellings  Public buildings and spaces  Roads, Road transport  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5516 4593 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:12.6482N 2:38.5981W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5510 4603
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 13 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register