ST5545 : Vicars Close, Wells

taken 4 years ago, near to Wells, Somerset, Great Britain

Vicars Close, Wells
Vicars Close, Wells
These houses were constructed in 1363 as accommodation for the College of Vicars set up by Ralph of Shrewsbury, Bishop of Bath and Wells. The elegant chimneys were raised and crowned about the year 1470. This view was taken from beneath the gated entrance arch, above which is the chapel, which was their library. Access to this is gained through the arched opening on the left.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Derek Voller and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST5545, 583 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 September, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 11 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Housing, Dwellings  Public buildings and spaces  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5514 4599 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:12.6805N 2:38.6158W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5516 4596
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Medieval Buildings 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 9 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register