NZ0863 : The Old Vicarage, Ovingham

taken 4 years ago, near to Ovingham, Northumberland, Great Britain

The Old Vicarage, Ovingham
The Old Vicarage, Ovingham
The present building probably occupies the site of the parson's house, destroyed by the Scots in 1293, 1312 and 1316. It was founded or rebuilt c.1378 as a small monastic establishment of Augustinian canons and vicarage combined, for in that year a license was granted. The cell was abolished but the vicar could not be dispossessed of his accommodation in the building. In 1628 it was rebuilt, much in its present form, with additional alterations being made in the 19th century.
LinkExternal link
The gateway on West Road, opposite St Mary's Church, is shown here NZ0863 : Gateway, St Mary's Church, Ovingham
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ0863, 159 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 11 October, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 12 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Lowlands  Village, Rural settlement  Housing, Dwellings  Park and Public Gardens 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 0850 6363 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:58.0334N 1:52.1259W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 08514 63565
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 30 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register