NS6054 : Hairmyres railway station, South Lanarkshire

taken 4 years ago, near to Jackton, South Lanarkshire, Great Britain

Hairmyres railway station, South Lanarkshire
Hairmyres railway station, South Lanarkshire
Opened in 1868 by the Busby Railway which became part of the Caledonian Railway empire, the line once ran from Glasgow to Hamilton but the section beyond East Kilbride was not a commercial success, so East Kilbride been the terminus for many years. View east towards East Kilbride. The section through Hairmyres has always been single track.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Thompson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS6054, 19 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 12 October, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 15 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  Suburb, Urban fringe  Railways 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 6079 5429 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:45.7123N 4:13.2099W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 6064 5430
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Caledonian Railway  London Midland & Scottish Railway  Railway Station  Train Station 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 27 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register