TA1828 : Haven Side, Hedon, Yorkshire

taken 4 years ago, near to Hedon, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

Haven Side, Hedon, Yorkshire
Haven Side, Hedon, Yorkshire
Originally known as the Corporation Arms, The Haven Arms was built 1825 for Hedon Corporation. The public house is distinguished by the decorative and descriptive date stone above the door: 'Hedon Corporation / Novr. 23rd 1825 / George Sawyer Mayor / Richard Iveson and James Matthews Bailiffs. See: TA1828 : Haven Side, Hedon, Yorkshire. The pub was subsequently known as the Hedon Arms and, after 1890, the Borough Arms. By 1971 it had been sold by the Corporation to the Charrington Brewery.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bernard Sharp and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA1828, 625 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 18 October, 2013   (more nearby)
Saturday, 19 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 1862 2800 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:44.0944N 0:12.1935W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 1862 2800
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Other Tags
Conservation Area 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 26 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register