NT2773 : St Margaret's Loch

taken 4 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

St Margaret's Loch
St Margaret's Loch
St Margaret's Loch is a shallow man-made loch to the south of Queen's Drive. It is around 500m east of Holyrood Palace, and about 100m north of the ruin of St Anthony's Chapel. Once a boggy, marshland, the loch was formed in 1856 as part of Prince Albert's improvement plans for the area surrounding the palace. The loch has been used as a boating pond but is now home to a large population of ducks, geese, and swans.



See other images of St Margaret's Loch, Holyrood Park
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John Allan and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2773, 266 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 19 October, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 20 October, 2013
Geographical Context
Park and Public Gardens  Lakes, Wetland, Bog  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 276 738 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.1323N 3:9.6406W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 276 738
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 17 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register