SJ4290 : Bowring Park golf clubhouse

taken 12 years ago, 3 km from Huyton-With-Roby, Knowsley, Great Britain

Bowring Park golf clubhouse
Bowring Park golf clubhouse
Bowring Park golf course was the first municipal golf course in UK, opened 1913 in the grounds of Roby Hall. Sir William Bowring presented the hall and its estate to the City of Liverpool in 1906 and after his death in 1913 a 9 hole course was created. This was extended to 18 holes in the 1960s but Bowring Park was decimated with the building of an enormous roundabout for the M62 junction 7, however, more recently, new land was reclaimed on the other side of the motorway, reached by a footbridge and the course has been restored to its 18 holes. All that remains of the Roby estate are a few outbuildings, this one houses the golf clubhouse.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4290, 21 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 13 August, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 13 August, 2005
Category
Clubhouse > Clubhouse   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 42 90 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 53:24.4900N 2:51.9856W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SJ4290) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 393 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register