NO6655 : Bonnyton Farm

near to Bonnyton, Angus, Great Britain

Bonnyton Farm
Bonnyton Farm
Taken from the walls of Bonnyton Castle these two slabs, one bearing the Scottish Kings and the other of the Wood family, owners of the castle when
built in 1666 for Sir John Wood after becoming a baronet,are built into the gable of the farm. The two corbels
(one in the photo the other is above)are believed to be from the doocot that
was demolished there in 1959. The castle fell into ruin around 1785.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Alan Thomson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2007
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NO6655, 3 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Supplemental image
Date Taken
Saturday, 10 March, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 25 March, 2007
Category
Coat of Arms   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 662 558 [100m precision]
WGS84: 56:41.5619N 2:33.1878W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 661 558
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 132 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register