TQ6976 : Coalhouse Fort

taken 12 years ago, near to East Tilbury, Thurrock, Great Britain

Coalhouse Fort
Coalhouse Fort
One of TQ6975 : Palmerston's Follies a Fort built in 1874. It was used by the army until 1962 when ownership passed to Thurrock Council. The gun turrets are of WW2 vintage. The fort is open one Sunday a month in the summer and is the home of a military museum run by unpaid volunteers. Its twin south of the river can be seen at TQ6974 : Shornmeade Fort
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Glyn Baker and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ6976, 37 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 13 August, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 15 August, 2005
Category
Historic site > Historic site   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 691 768 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.8945N 0:25.9790E
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for TQ6976) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 354 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register