ST9870 : Black Dog Halt, near Calne, Wilts

taken 14 years ago, near to Mile Elm, Wiltshire, Great Britain

Black Dog Halt, near Calne, Wilts
Black Dog Halt, near Calne, Wilts
Black Dog Halt was on the railway branch line between Chippenham and Calne in Wiltshire. The halt was built in 1873 to serve nearby Bowood House; it only became a public station in 1952 and closed with the rest of the line in 1965. The line is now a cycle path, part of the National Cycle Network route 4 from London to the West. The railings are by artist Laura Lian.
Further information on this small station, including pictures before and after closure, and the railway line it was on can be found at LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ron Strutt and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST9870, 12 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 29 August, 2004   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 20 August, 2005
Category
Cycleway   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 98 70 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 51:26.0099N 2:1.3780W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for ST9870) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 781 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register