SD8839 : Colne Town Centre

near to Colne, Lancashire, Great Britain

Colne Town Centre
Colne Town Centre
Since 1972 this building has been used by the Providence Independent Methodists as their place of worship. It was originally built in 1869 for Nicholas England, a local cotton manufacturer. In 1907 it was converted and became a Carnegie Public Library. It typifies some of the fine buildings in Colne that show its cotton manufacturing background. To the left of this picture is a memorial to Wallace Henry Hartley who was born in Colne on 2nd June 1878. He was the bandmaster on the Titanic.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John Tomlinson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD8839, 216 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SD8839)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Wednesday, 17 August, 2005   (more nearby)
Saturday, 20 August, 2005
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 88 39 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 53:51.0962N 2:10.5778W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 388 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved