SJ4883 : Pickering's Pasture

taken 12 years ago, near to Hale Bank, Halton, Great Britain

Pickering's Pasture
Pickering's Pasture
Originally marshland where horses and cattle grazed and thousands of ducks and wading birds came to roost, this site was used for disposal of domestic and industrial waste from 1940 to the 1960's. Halton Borough Council restored the land and Pickerings Pasture was opened to the public in 1986. The reserve supports a wide range of birds, animals and insects but is particularly noted for its wildflower meadows. Taken from the car park offering views across the Mersey to Runcorn, Frodsham and Helsby hill.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4883, 32 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 20 August, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 21 August, 2005
Category
Nature reserve > Nature Reserve   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 485 833 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:20.6445N 2:46.5002W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for SJ4883)
This page has been viewed about 150 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register