SD9851 : The Springs Branch, Skipton

taken 18 years ago, near to Skipton, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

The Springs Branch, Skipton
The Springs Branch, Skipton
The Springs Branch is a short arm of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal in the heart of Skipton, North Yorkshire. It runs to the back of Skipton Castle, where stone from local quarries was at one time loaded onto barges to be taken to Leeds.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Martin Clark and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD9851, 1058 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
July 2000   (more nearby)
Sunday, 17 April, 2005
Canal   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 98 51 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 53:57.5751N 2:1.4609W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SD9851) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 380 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register