TQ3877 : Inscription on St Alfege's church hall

taken 3 years ago, near to Isle of Dogs, Tower Hamlets, Great Britain

Inscription on St Alfege's church hall
Inscription on St Alfege's church hall
The hall is at the west end of the churchyard - see TQ3877 : St Alfege churchyard for context. The inscription shows that it was originally the "Greenwich National School for Education and Industry of Girls" in 1814.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3877, 1801 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 24 August, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 25 August, 2014
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces 
Date (from Tags)
1814 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3823 7758 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:28.8176N 0:0.6479W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3824 7758
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Church Hall  Architectural Detail  Inscription  Former National School 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 5 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register