TM4251 : All Saints' church, Sudbourne

taken 3 years ago, near to Sudbourne, Suffolk, Great Britain

All Saints' church, Sudbourne
All Saints' church, Sudbourne
The original church must have been C12 because a blocked Norman doorway was discovered during the C19 restoration. The font is also C12. Most of the fabric of the church including the tower dates from C14. A substantial restoration was carried out in 1878-9 paid for by Sir Richard Wallace of Sudbourne Hall. The roof was replaced, a Hertfordshire spike was placed on the tower and transepts were added.

In 1621 the church is recorded as having a thatched roof. Some rebuilding took place in 1676 after a fire.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bikeboy and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TM4251, 41 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 26 August, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 31 August, 2014
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Primary Subject of Photo
Church 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TM 4210 5194 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:6.7646N 1:32.0685E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TM 4219 5178
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 2 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register