TM4464 : Remains of Leiston Abbey

taken 3 years ago, near to Leiston, Suffolk, Great Britain

Remains of Leiston Abbey
Remains of Leiston Abbey
Leiston Abbey moved to this site in 1363. Upon the dissolution of the abbey by Henry VIII in 1536, the land was given to Charles Brandon, 3rd Duke of Suffolk. A farm house was built into the ruins. This was extended in 1920.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bikeboy and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TM4464, 137 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 26 August, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 31 August, 2014
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Farm, Fishery, Market Gardening  Religious sites 
Primary Subject of Photo
Abbey 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TM 444 642 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:13.3088N 1:34.6446E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TM 446 641
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 5 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register