TL9149 : Part of Lavenham Guildhall

taken 3 years ago, near to Lavenham, Suffolk, Great Britain

Part of Lavenham Guildhall
Part of Lavenham Guildhall
The Guildhall of Corpus Christi facing onto the Market Place was built about 1530 and was one of four guildhalls that once existed in Lavenham. The Guildhall and the two adjacent buildings seen here form a section of an early Tudor street. It came to the National Trust in 1951.

The primary purpose of the Lavenham guilds was religious and after the guilds were dissolved during the Reformation it became the Town Hall from 1596 to about 1700. After that it was a prison which closed in 1787, and later a workhouse, an almshouse and a wool store.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Marathon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL9149, 324 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 23 August, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 2 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Village, Rural settlement 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 9160 4929 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:6.5244N 0:47.7903E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 9158 4930
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
National Trust Property  Half Timbered  Tudor Building 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 1 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register