SE1897 : Lloyds Bank, Catterick Garrison

taken 3 years ago, near to Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Lloyds Bank, Catterick Garrison
Lloyds Bank, Catterick Garrison
Originally opened as an agency by Cox & Co, the London paying agents for the army, during the First World War. Subsequently rebuilt and extended several times as Catterick Camp grew and the number of men requiring cash grew with it.

Until the 1970s most soldiers were paid cash, so very large sums were kept here. Nowadays most customers use the ATMs in the extension lobby on the right hand side.

In the 1970s cars and military vehicles drew up in front of this building. Today there's a car park at the back. The pillars were originally made of wood - until a truck knocked one down. Now the replacement steel supports are protected by a resin based exterior shell - and the more recent flower bed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Chris Morgan and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE1897, 24 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 8 September, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 13 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  Suburb, Urban fringe  Defence, Military 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 1818 9784 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:22.5446N 1:43.2984W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 1814 9783
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 13 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register