SP2852 : St James's church, Walton

taken 3 years ago, near to Walton, Warwickshire, Great Britain

St James's church, Walton
St James's church, Walton
In the grounds of Walton Hall, now a Country House Hotel.

This church was built in 1750 and replaced an earlier one which may have been slightly further south. Strictly, it is St James's of Walton d'Eivile, this being a village which was destroyed in the 16th century. It is of great architectural significance.

Technically, there is no public vehicular access, though a bridleway gives access on foot. However in practice it seems that driving from the western entrance (SP282526) across the lake, and then parking on the left, is quite acceptable.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Purchase and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP2852, 46 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 11 September, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 13 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Country estates 
Church (from Tags)
Church of England 
Primary Subject of Photo
Church 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 2850 5243 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:10.1642N 1:35.0824W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 2846 5247
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 7 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register