TG2722 : Old signage in the missile inspection compound

taken 3 years ago, near to Sco Ruston, Norfolk, Great Britain

Old signage in the missile inspection compound
Old signage in the missile inspection compound
See also > LinkExternal link and LinkExternal link.
RAF Coltishall
The station opened in 1939 as a fighter airfield during WW2. It later became a station for night fighters and then for ground attack aircraft until it was closed in 2006. Coltishall was the last surviving operational RAF airfield involved in the Battle of Britain other than RAF Northolt. The station was home to more than 80 fighter squadrons during its time of operation and 207 enemy aircraft were destroyed during the war. The airfield is currently owned by Norfolk County Council, with most of the former domestic site now being occupied by HMP Bure. See also: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TG2722, 66 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 12 September, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 14 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Defence, Military 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 2725 2235 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:45.0570N 1:21.9509E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 2727 2236
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register