SJ4912 : Medieval pulpit opposite Shrewsbury Abbey

taken 4 years ago, near to Shrewsbury, Shropshire, Great Britain

Medieval pulpit opposite Shrewsbury Abbey
Medieval pulpit opposite Shrewsbury Abbey
The pulpit is in a small garden on the south of Abbey Foregate, opposite the abbey. LinkExternal link
In the 14th century, Abbot Nicholas Stevens added the pulpit to the Norman monastic refectory.
The pulpit is in its original position though all traces of the refectory disappeared long ago.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4912, 1380 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 15 October, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 20 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 4988 1242 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:42.4268N 2:44.5944W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 4988 1244
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Medieval Pulpit  Pulpit 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 14 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register