SD4761 : 76 Church Street Lancaster

taken 3 years ago, near to Lancaster, Lancashire, Great Britain

76 Church Street Lancaster
76 Church Street Lancaster
The Conservative Club and attached railings are Grade II* Listed. It is early 18th century with a rear wing from 1637. It was possibly built for Edmond Cole. Although apparently owned from 1744 to 1758 by Edward Marton MP the house was occupied by a Mrs Livesey and reputedly the lodging for Bonnie Prince Charlie from 24th to 26th November 1745 on his way south.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jo Turner and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD4761, 783 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 31 August, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 21 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Housing, Dwellings  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
House 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 4754 6186 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:3.0011N 2:48.1649W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 4754 6185
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 19 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register