SO0530 : Bishop Gower's Well, Llanddew

taken 3 years ago, near to Llanddew, Powys, Great Britain

Bishop Gower's Well, Llanddew
Bishop Gower's Well, Llanddew
Dating from 1340, the well served both the village and the Bishop's Palace established here in 1175. The pump was cast in Brecon by Coppage and Son in 1908 and appears to be in working order.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Philip Pankhurst and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO0530, 31 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 26 September, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 28 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites  Water resources 
Primary Subject of Photo
Well 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 0550 3076 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:58.0352N 3:22.6160W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 0547 3075
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 155 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register