TQ5541 : The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Speldhurst

taken 3 years ago, near to Speldhurst, Kent, Great Britain

The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Speldhurst
The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Speldhurst
The medieval church was destroyed by lightning in 1791 and a second church of 1797 was entirely replaced in 1870-71 by the third church, seen here. The main feature of note is the stained glass by Morris & Co., some by William Morris but mainly by Edward Burne-Jones.

The church is seen here at the centre of the village across the junction with Penshurst Road. A close up of the liquorice allsort man on the left can be seen at LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Marathon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5541, 232 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 27 September, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 29 September, 2014
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites  Roads, Road transport  People, Events 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 5534 4141 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:9.0523N 0:13.1798E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 5533 4137
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Church of England 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register