TF2157 : Interior of Holy Trinity Church - 2

taken 4 years ago, near to Tattershall, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Interior of Holy Trinity Church - 2
Interior of Holy Trinity Church - 2
View westwards along the nave.

In front of the chancel arch is an elegant 16th century stone pulpitum with much decoration, including three quatrefoils on the right-had arch and unusual enriched trefoil patterns at the top.

The impressive organ dates from 1831 and was originally built for St Andrewís Cathedral Dumfries by Small, Bruce & Co. of Edinburgh. Towards the end of the 19th Century, Cousans Sons & Co. of Lincoln built a larger instrument for Dumfries and rebuilt this organ for St Paulís Church, West Marsh, Grimsby. In 1967 St Paulís was made redundant and the organ was re-installed at Tattershall.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Trevor Rickard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF2157, 295 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 12 March, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 13 December, 2014
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 2120 5758 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:6.0997N 0:11.4713W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 2122 5758
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Pulpitum  Chancel Arch  Church Organ  Nave 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 20 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register