TQ9072 : The Guildhall, Queenborough

near to Queenborough, Kent, Great Britain

The Guildhall, Queenborough
The Guildhall, Queenborough
Built around 1794 to replace the earlier structure of the old courthouse it is used regularly for meetings of the Queenborough town council. Queenborough was given its name by King Edward III who visited here and liked the place so much he decided to rename it in honour of his wife, Queen Philippa of Hainault. He also had a castle built (which no longer exists) in the area.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Penny Mayes and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2005
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ9072, 87 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for TQ9072)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Saturday, 16 April, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 17 April, 2005
Category
Town scene   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 907 722 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:25.0292N 0:44.5453E
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 907 722
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 336 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
please donate