TA2737 : Ringbrough

taken 10 years ago, near to Garton, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

Ringbrough
Ringbrough
A manor house was recorded at Ringbrough in 1351-2 and again as Ringbrough Hall in the 16th century. The former manor of Ringbrough has been almost totally swept away by the North Sea and now consists of a farm (the farmhouse was rebuilt in the 18th century) and the crumbling remains of cast concrete munitions trackways and ancillary buildings belonging to Ringbrough Coastal Artillery Battery, which was built between 1941 and 1942. An excellent aerial shot showing what remained of the Battery in January 2000 can be found on the English Heritage website. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2737, 11 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 11 May, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 13 May, 2007
Category
Wartime relics   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 273 372 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:48.9405N 0:4.0386W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 273 371
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for TA2737)
This page has been viewed about 271 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register