J3374 : Former Robinson & Cleaver building, Belfast (1)
near to Shankill, Belfast County Borough, Skegoneill, Cliftonville and Beal Feirste, Ireland
Robinson & Cleaver, Belfast
Robinson & Cleaver (usually “Cleaver's”), at the corner of Donegall Place and Donegall Square North, was, by far, Belfast’s most exclusive department store. It was completed in 1888, by H&J Martin, to a design by Young and Mackenzie. The external features include turrets, clocks and embellishment in the form heads and busts. Internally the staircase was one of its notable features. Another victim of the changing shopping pattern caused by the bombing campaign, it eventually closed later being converted to offices with the ground floor let as shops.
- Grid Square
- J3374, 2208 images (more nearby )
- Albert Bridge (find more nearby)
- Image classification?
- Supplemental image
- Date Taken
- Sunday, 20 May, 2007 (more nearby)
- Sunday, 20 May, 2007
- Clock > Clock (more nearby)
- Subject Location
Irish: J 33 74 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 54:36.0654N 5:56.0993W
- Photographer Location
- Irish: J 33 74
- View Direction
- North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
This page has been viewed about 245 times.