NX3867 : Challoch Church

taken 3 years ago, near to Challoch, Dumfries And Galloway, Great Britain

Challoch Church
Challoch Church
Built as private chapel of Edward James Stopford-Blair of Penninghame House and consecrated 1872. Designed by W G Habershon & Pite of London and an excellent example of a small Victorian church. Ten stained glass windows, numerous memorial plaques, pine altar and wrought-iron and brass rood screen. Fine Harston two-tracker organ 1881, restored 1993.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Colin Kinnear and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NX3867, 49 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 11 April, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 14 April, 2015
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Burial ground, Crematorium 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NX 3852 6749 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:58.5464N 4:31.4749W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NX 3853 6744
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register