SJ5279 : Clifton Primitive Methodist Chapel

taken 2 years ago, near to Sutton Weaver, Cheshire, Great Britain

Clifton Primitive Methodist Chapel
Clifton Primitive Methodist Chapel
The former Clifton Primitive Methodist Chapel in Cholmondeley Road, built in 1882 and closed in 1975, it is now a private dwelling. Clifton village now consists of just a few houses isolated by the Runcorn Expressway. Nearby stood Clifton Hall with a long history dating back almost a thousand years, the later building known as Rock Savage was the second largest house in Cheshire. Rocksavage is now more recognised as the name of the nearby gas-fired power station.
For more information see LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ5279, 38 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 September, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 12 September, 2015
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Primary Subject of Photo
Chapel 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 526 799 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:18.8342N 2:42.7389W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 525 799
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 16 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register