NT2385 : St Columba's Parish Church and The Parsonage

taken 12 years ago, near to Burntisland, Fife, Great Britain

St Columba's Parish Church and The Parsonage
St Columba's Parish Church and The Parsonage
In 1601 in St Columba's there was a meeting of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. King James VI was in attendance and at this meeting it was decided to pursue a new authorised bible, later know as the King James Bible.

The Parsonage with its stepped gables was built in 1854 by George Hay Forbes, an Episcopalian minister in the town. It was built as a school and a home. George Hay Forbes was a remarkable preacher, linguist and scholar
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright A Duncan and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2385, 136 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 20 November, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 23 June, 2007
Category
Buildings > Buildings   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 234 856 [100m precision]
WGS84: 56:3.4747N 3:13.8489W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 236 856
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 157 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register