SE3694 : All Saints Church, Northallerton

taken 11 years ago, near to Northallerton, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

All Saints Church, Northallerton
All Saints Church, Northallerton
Viewed from the green. Anglo-Saxon sculpture has been found in the church suggesting the site has been in use for a very long time. The outside of the church presents a fairly uniform 15th century appearance in the “Perpendicular” style. The Norman origins are clear from the north aisle arcade (c.1120). The village was originally called Alverton or Aelfereton, the farm belonging to Aelfere. By the fourteenth century the place was called Northallerton to distinguish it from other places in Yorkshire called Allerton.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bob Embleton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE3694, 153 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 18 June, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 23 June, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 367 941 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:20.5114N 1:26.2108W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 367 942
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 65 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register