SU9644 : Godalming: Phillips Memorial Cloister

taken 2 years ago, near to Godalming, Surrey, Great Britain

Godalming: Phillips Memorial Cloister
Godalming: Phillips Memorial Cloister
The Cloister is in the Phillips Memorial Ground, named after John George (Jack) Phillips who was the Chief Wireless Telegraphist on the Titanic when it sank in 1912, and who came from nearby Farncombe. The Cloister was designed by Thackeray Turner, a local architect, with the planting design by Gertrude Jekyll. It was opened in 1914, and is a Grade II Listed Structure. There are cloisters on the north and west sides, and up until about 1965 a cloister on the south side too, but this was replaced with the current pergola.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU9644, 83 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 12 August, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 13 December, 2015
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces 
Primary Subject of Photo
Cloisters 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 9680 4409 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:11.2710N 0:36.9766W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 9681 4407
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Grade II Listed Structure 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 42 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register