All on its own amidst fields, up a narrow lane from the A477 at Llanteg. St Elidyr's Church has a 15C west tower, but the remainder of the church was rebuilt in 1847, and the south porch, with a doorway of moulded cement, was added during a restoration in 1878.
£50 was spent in an attempt to repair the church in 1814. This was felt to be too low and it was probably then that the floor was lowered to below ground level - resulting in problems of cold, damp and decay.
In 1840 the Rev'd W.D.Phillips resolved to rebuild all except the tower and parts of the walls, at a cost of £241 (only the vaulted tower with a N.E. stair turret, a blocked west doorway and the North Transept of the 13th century church have survived unrebuilt).
The 1851 Religious Survey shows that services were alternatively morning and evening. The evening service was recorded as having 150 in attendance out of a population of 289.
The church was again restored in 1878 - the south door was re-opened, so the porch was also added. The pews were changed to bench seats and four additional windows were inserted - the vestry was also probably added at this time.
The ruin of a small stone building stands at the N.W. of the church (vicar's stable) and there is a well in the field to the N.
The church has: a short chancel about 4m x 6m, a nave about 12m x 7m, with a vestry, transepts and a porch.