SE9839 : York Road, Bishop Burton

taken 10 years ago, near to Bishop Burton, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

York Road, Bishop Burton
York Road, Bishop Burton
The Altisdora pub on the north side of York Road, Bishop Burton. The pub was originally called the 'Evander' after one of local racehorse owner Richard Watt's horses, then called 'The Horse and Groom' and finally the 'Altisdora' after another of Watt's horses which won the St. Leger in 1813. Altisdora is derived from Latin meaning 'highest gift'.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE9839, 164 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 28 June, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 30 June, 2007
Category
Public house > Public house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 988 398 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:50.7347N 0:29.9133W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 988 398
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 171 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register